AORAK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn

2 posters

Go down

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Empty Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn

Post by AliceBaudelaire Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn College-GIF
Like any age old tale about love, the kind where opposites attract; a bad guy meets a nice girl and turns her bad and so on.
Unlike that common tale, this one is about a girl from the wrong side of the tracks, and a man from the richer parts of society.
College, the one place that defines what you will do with your life, where the setting for our love story takes place. Elijah Cartwright, a young man wanting nothing more than to succeed in life and make his parents proud, has paid his way in cash to be a student. While Mira-Jane Gordan, the young and free young woman is the opposite, her only going to college to find means to an end, has been given a free scholarship to attend the college.
But, when Mira-Jane's grades plummet and her scholarship hangs in the balance, she turns to Elijah who is the smartest student in her class for help. To her dismay, Elijah begins to change when he sees how free and strong spirited Mira-Jane is, going to the bad side and losing site of the reason he was in college to begin with. How will Mira-Jane change Elijah's mind? Bring him back to reality and get him to focus on his career again?
Will a love blossom, or will their differences keep them apart?

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tenor
Skeleton:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality: (Can be as long as you want.)
History: (This one is optional, you can reveal it through the story if you prefer.)
Likes/Dislikes: (Again, optional. I'm only putting three for each.)
Extra: (Anything else you wanna add.)
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Empty Re: Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn

Post by AliceBaudelaire Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Name:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_np5rvs7bH41u3j2boo1_500
Elijah Russell Cartwright

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_mx2n6o8nG51rzjryoo2_250
Twenty-Two || January 28th || Aquarius

Appearance:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn F3f56d3431f46d791b73c9c4a172d407--franco-brothers-dave-franco

Personality:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_mgttul8QaI1rlt3j3o1_500
Elijah is a go getter, he works for what he wants and he will not stop until he has reached his goal. But, that's just how he was raised, he doesn't know much of anything else. Elijah is a social recluse, who values his time alone to study and be constructive with his hobbies. He's definitely a busy body, not liking to stay in one place for too long. There's always something he could be doing, something he could be learning or studying rather than partying like most other college students.
Being raised by parents who taught him the meaning of a dollar, Elijah would be considered a very responsible man who doesn't want things handed to him. He would rather get his hands dirty and help with whatever needs done, instead of sitting on the couch at home and doing nothing. But, there is a part to Elijah that wants to break free from his routine life, and become a part of something bigger.

History:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_nnec93FDT71u6j35go1_500
Elijah is the second child born to some very rich and wealthy parents, ones who wanted to make sure that no matter what happened, their sons had a bright and secure future. As a child, Elijah was taught about geography and taught how to play instruments, anything his parents could do to make sure he was ahead of other his age. This put a strain on Elijah, but he soon learned how to deal with it. Especially when his older brother, Darren, had most of their attention and love.
High school was a breeze academically, but no where near as close socially. Elijah stuck to himself, graduating with honors before attending the college of his parent's choosing. Whereas his older brother became exactly what their parents despised, a bum. Elijah has not been able to really have a say in his own life, which would probably explain why he isn't that smart street wise. But, with all that being said, Elijah is still at the top of all of his classes, and will continue to do what his parents want him to.

Likes/Dislikes:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Original
+Reading
+Smoking
+Being Outdoors When Studying
-Crowded Places
-Failing His Parents
-Being Judged

Extra:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Giphy
~Elijah is allergic to certain types of wood.
~He has a black kitten named JiJi.
~There are a total of two tattoos on Elijah, but no one ever really sees them.

Last edited by AliceBaudelaire on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn 13de08162f28f3ac41d31c387f569d72_400x400
||Name||
Mira-Jane Gordan

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Bd9fbe9babb1fc9a6f70595880ca516c
||Age||
21||April 20||Day Taurus and Aries overlap-ish

||Appearance||
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn 400full-aly-antorcha

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_lorayihoNu1qb4r3mo1_500
||Personality||
Mira is very wild, she won't ask for permission before doing something. That is unless she really cares for you, and knows you care for her too. She can be a bit of a mega-b***h at times but know when she is, she probably doesn't actually mean it but is trying to get you away from something that she thinks will harm you. She hates taking orders from anyone but will comply after a while and a few eye rolls, not before trying to to turn your attention somewhere else though. She loves joking around and making puns, often leading you somewhere just to use the perfect pun. She is hot headed, over protective, and possessive, yet still really clingy and insecure so she prefers people to stay close to her. Mira's wild nature just comes naturally, she's laid back and just goes with the flow most times. Despite her not acting like it she's very caring and actually quite the worry wort, but not that she'll let you see behind her apathetic mask. Good luck trying to win an argument too, she's beyond stubborn but if you're the correct one then she will step down. Mira tries to be as open minded as most, but sometimes it's hard. She's a very loud person at times, and other times is really shy. She loves teasing anyone and everyone, also a bit of a perv. Tries to solve things with words first, but mostly turns to violence. Mira will stick with you through everything and anything, she will never leave a friend behind. She also has this odd tendency to be honest on accident, she will be chatting on about something completely unrelated to the topic and still give you and answer. She's pretty honest too when she get's really worked up, but will actually tell the truth if you just ask. Warning: You are dealing with a child most times, she is quite pouty and just childish at times.

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_m9wcdwD22o1refqbko1_400
||History||
Lost her memory, little brother(Riley who was 13 at the time), and parents in a car crash when she 16, so she's lived with her grandparents since who were rich. Her grandmother owned most of the fashion industry, and her grandfather ran most of the city(she never quite figured out what he did, but he does so much). She has three step siblings(one brother and two sisters), they visit her fairly often but not too much. She studied as hard as she could to catch back up, but actually went a bit ahead. Middle school was a breeze for her but most of the girls never really liked her, the boys were constantly flocking her causing the other girls to get angry at her for "hogging" all the boys. Due to this fact she was bullied a lot, instead of coming home with bruises she asked Coen to teach her how to box. She learned quickly and most kids who messed with her ended up with bruises in the end, Mira was always careful not to hurt them too much. Soon after everyone avoided her, and that made it hard to make friends. She lost interest in going to college when she graduated highschool, but when she received the scholarship her grandpa encouraged her to go so she did. First years she worked hard and now she's letting everything go down hill, got mixed with the wrong crowd and prefers to remain very lazy. Until now when it's about to drop, and her grandparents are really hoping she makes it through. It went Jasmine(twenty eight), Coen(twenty six), Kia(twenty three), then Mira-Jane(twenty one).

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Large
||Likes||
Parties
Blue Roses
Desserts
Free food

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_mr4itsmhU31s9pu6ro1_500
||Dislikes||
Centipedes
Bitter food
Over working
Smoking

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_nkb5g4DK651u03j02o1_1280
||Extra||
-She sees a centipede or spider anywhere and she will literally get up, and leave without her stuff as fast as she can. She hates them.
-Hide your jackets/sweater/hoodies especially if its a leather jacket because she will take it and you'll never get it back!
-Has an obsession with giant teddy bears
-She owns a rabbit in secret named Minnie
-She prefers to be called Mira
-Mira has a tattoo on her left shoulder blade
her siblings:

Last edited by Evelyn on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Evelyn
Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceBaudelaire Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Elijah had been studied all night, since he had just earned enough credit hours to be considered a Junior in college. His parents were proud, his teachers were absolutely in love with him. Everything seemed to be going perfectly for him, yet there was still something that was lacking that he couldn't quite find. Listening to 70s-80s music was how he passed the time, the whole night the music blasting in his ears. By now his roommate, Doug, was fed up with Elijah not being someone who liked to party. Elijah didn't seem to mind, one of his favorite old songs play; Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry. It really put his mind in the mood to excel his education, one of the few talents he had going for him.
"Hey, Cartwright! Stop being such a stiff and come to the party with me, there's going to be tons of college tail!" Doug said as he took one of Elijah's earbuds from his ears, Elijah sighing as he paused his music briefly. "You and I both know that I wouldn't fit in at a frat party, Doug. I didn't come to college to get drunk, do drugs, and get tail. I came here to get a good job, a big house, an expensive car, and a fucking hot model." Elijah replied, putting the earbud back in his ear as Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. Doug rolled his eyes before leaving their dorm, Elijah glancing at the clock before realizing he needed to get to the library. He had signed up to be a tutor for whoever needed help, and was supposed to meet some girl who was about to fail.
Grabbing his bag, he closed his laptop before lacing up his shoes. Continuing to listen to his music as he made his way outside, the way to the library being a little ways away from the student housing. A few other students bumped into him on the way there, but that was something he was used to. Opening the library door, a few more students rushed inside before he could go him. Elijah ended up holding the door open for a little while, before finally being able to step inside. Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners played as he sat down at an empty table, seeing that he was the first to arrive. Setting out his books, he took out his reading glasses and waited.
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Mira-Jane rolled over with a grunt as Arianne shook her shoulder, snuggling back into her blankets she tried to go to sleep. "Get up, you're ditching me for that meeting remember?" She rolled back over and looked up at her roommate, the girl was barely wearing clothing. "I want to sleep though..." "Too bad, you're the one who let your grades drop. Now get up, I'll walk you to the library. And hurry, I don't want to be late to that party tonight." With a grunt she watched her roommate walk over to the closet trying to choose a pair of shoes, unwrapping herself from her blankets she stretched and quickly grabbed a pair of clothes she had set out earlier. Pulling on the torn jeans she yawned, quickly she switched her taco shirt out for a black tank top, pulled a fuzzy tan zip up sweater, and finally panda socks with a pair of grey converse. Walking over to the dresser she began fixing her makeup.
Looking through her back pack once more she zipped it up and shoved her phone in her pocket, time to go study with some random stranger who is really smart!
Okay, it didn't sound as exciting as going to a party... Her own damn fault though, she turned to Arianne. "I'm ready, now you can lead me to my own death." The other girl rolled her eyes and grabbed her hand, Mira smiled slightly and let her roommate drag her out of their room. Leaving the house she yawned again resisting the urge to ditch, if she left now she could go to the party with Arianne! And then her scholarship would go 'poof'! After the long silent walk to the library Mira looked at the door then at Arianne. "Why can't you just tutor me?" 'Because I already live with you, and that's enough to deal with." Mira rolled her eyes as the other opened the door and shoved her in. "Can I at least get a kiss goodbye?"
"You're so childish Mira." Nevertheless Arianne planted a kiss on her cheek leaving a pink lipstick stain behind, Mira smiled. "Thanks baby, have I ever told you how much I a-door you?" And with that last comment Arianne left as quick as she could, turning on her phone she opened her note and looked at the name. Elijah... Wasn't he in her class or something? That little bit of possible information made her feel so much better, but her bright personality broke through that gloom. Closing the app she turned off the device and put it back in her pocket, looking around the library she seen a familiar looking guy sitting alone at a table looking like he was waiting for someone. Might as well see if that's him, if not then at least she got to talk to an attractive guy. Walking up she put on her best smile as she stood in front of the table. "By any chance,
are you Elijah Cartwright? I think we're supposed to study together."
Evelyn
Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceBaudelaire Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:13 pm

By the time the girl arrived, Elijah was already on the 70's era, listening to Whip It by Devo. Pausing it as soon as she began to speak, he gave her a quick nod with a smile before shaking her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Mira. I was not expecting the pink hair, it is very nice. I think my baby cousin would like it." He said nervously, rubbing the back of his head as they both sat down. "So, all the paper said was that you need help getting credits in your classes, so we can start there. I have the current curriculum for each of your classes, and I'm pretty sure I have a grasp of what I need to teach you first." Elijah paused, figuring that he was talking too much before taking a moment for silence. Just as Elijah was about to speak, Doug came loudly into the library while calling Elijah's name. "Hey! Can I use your camera tonight for the party? I got my own CD and everything, I promise it won't get broken!" Doug smiled as he winked at Mira, Elijah rolling his eyes before glancing down at his books. "Yeah, Doug. That's fine." He replied, Doug cheering before heading back to their dorms. Elijah ran his hand down his face before looking up at Mira, clearing his throat before speaking. "Sorry about that. Are you going to this party? If you are, I would really appreciate it if you would keep an eye on him with my camera. He has a problem with not caring about other people's belongings." Elijah asked, hearing what Mira had to say before he began to tutor her.
About two hours later, Elijah walked Mira to the library door before handing her a small card. "This is my number and where the house is, I hope you don't mind fraternities. You can text any time." He smiled before giving her a small smile, listening to her speak before she walked off. Elijah had had an amazing time with Mira, she wasn't like most of the other girls there. A lot of them wouldn't have even listening to what he taught, but she seemed like she had been eager to fix her grades. That made Elijah feel good about signing up to help someone, that there were really students who wanted to make their lives better. Sitting at his computer desk, that had been set up with a Playstation 4 and a brand new monitor, Elijah turned on his Spotify list and leaned back in his chair.
Feeling in an AC/DC mood, he began to play Thunderstruck and turned on the computer. After a little while of playing computer games, he glanced down at his phone to see a text from Doug. Rolling his eyes, he glanced at it quickly before groaning.
come on, Eli! come to the prty and quit being a losr! that hot chik u were with earlier is here! g8 body, dudde!
Elijah glanced at the clock to see that it was only 11:15, and his next class wasn't until noon the next day. He was tired of Doug picking on him, and also wanted to get his camera back before it got broken. Changing into one of his suits, which was the only party themed clothes he had; since he parents mainly threw formal gatherings, he made his way to the address Doug left him. I'm The One by DJ Khaled played throughout the house, the lights flashing as dancing bodies were grinding on each other. Elijah felt vastly out of place, trying to find his roommate; who was probably drunk off his ass. Doug rushed over to Elijah's side, putting his arm around him as he held a beer in the other. "You fuckin' made it! Glad you got a sense of party in you!" He laughed as a few other frat guys gathered around and laughed, Elijah rolling his eyes before removing Doug's arm from his shoulder.
"I came here for my camera, and because I didn't like the way you spoke about Mira." Elijah replied calmly, Doug laughing more as he took a chug out of his bottle before speaking. "All I said was that she looked good shaking her ass, what's wrong with that?" Doug asked in a more serious tone, Elijah sighing as he took his camera from some other student. Turning his back on Doug, Elijah walked past Mira and her roommate as he made his way back towards the door. "Eli! I wasn't done talking to you!" Doug shouted, the music coming to a stop as a crowd gathered around the two. "Don't do this, Doug. I don't want to do this." Elijah warned his so called friend, Doug laughing and looking around at his friends. "He doesn't want to do this guys, all for some anime slut." Doug laughed, Elijah glancing over at Mira, who seemed rather worried about what was going on. "You ready, Buddy Holly?" Doug asked in a condescending tone, Elijah getting somewhat angry since his favorite sing from that time was Buddy Holly. "Fine, Doug. Let's make this quick." Elijah sighed before getting into a martial arts fighting position, everyone in the crowd gossiping as Doug squared up as well.

Their little fight gif:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_opas8nuhQc1rmrpdmo1_400
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:50 am

Mira nodded slightly and sat down, she had never been good with normal conversation. Children had always loved her colored hair, so his comment didn't surprise her too much. As he continued on she began focusing more attention on him, the fact he already knew what they had to do was great. Finally more excited to start she opened her mouth to speakor rather until his roommate came in and she pursed her lips. When he winked at her she rolled her eyes in disgust and began pulling out all her books, hearing Elijah apologize she smiled brightly again. "You're fine, and ya. I'll be going, can't have my roomy wondering off with some guy again. But... I'll try to keep an eye on him." Mira knew she was going to regret that, she had met Doug at several different parties and already didn't like him. Then they began.
Those two hours were possible the best time she's had since coming to college, it definitely beat sitting out at a party full of drunk people or sleeping the day away. And she actually understood things now! Looking over the card she turned back to him with a smile. "Thanks Elijah, I'll make sure to remember that at midnight. See you tomorrow!" She turned away and started walking towards her house, pulling out her phone she texted Arianne to have someone take her to the party. Leaning against a nearby tree she waited, but couldn't stop smiling. Elijah hadn't gotten too angry with her when she cracked a joke, or when she sat there confused on so many parts. So she actually though he was a decent person, nothing like his roommate at all. After a few minutes she heard someone running towards her, looking at the person she seen one of the frat boys that her roommate was always with. Dillion, or at least she was pretty sure that was his name. "Ok, let's head to this party!" She followed him not really watching her surrounding, but moments later they reached the party where her roommate hugged her smelling like liquor. She was already drunk...? "Come dance with me!" Mira smiled setting her backpack next to the door, as Arianne dragged her further into the house she grabbed a drink from the table and chugged it down. With that she started dancing with Arianne listening to guys whistle at them, occasional photos and videos here and there not that she cared though. Out of the corner of her eyes she seen Doug texting someone, she felt bad for the receiver.
Finally tired of dancing she moved Arianne to a couch while she went to a nearby table to get them drinks, getting herself a screwdriver and Arianne just a straight beer she started walking back. Just then she watched Elijah walk in in a suit, oh God had he never been to an actual party before? As she walked closer she glanced over at Arianne who had done the same, handing the girl her beer she listened. "Anime slut?" She muttered nearly laughing at the poor excuse of an insult, but Doug was also shit faced drunk. No credit, the insult sucked but still made her angry. Worry flooded her though realizing a fight was about to break out, she seen Elijah glance out her and felt slightly confused. Taking a sip of her drink she watched them argue, and finally the fight started. Raising her cup to her lips she started to take a drink only to choke on it, pulling the glass away she looked up watching as Elijah quickly ended the fight and won it. So that was unexpected.... Chugging down the rest of her drink she once again mentally prepared herself, why had Elijah even protected her and what did Doug say about her? More question swelled up in her and her anger was gone, it was replaced with only more confusion than ever. Fights were normal at parties yet everyone was shocked, quickly she snapped herself out of it before pushing her way out of the crowd.
"Okay guys, nothing to see here. Just another asshole getting owned, and someone put Doug in his place once again. It's nothing new, so go back to dancing and whatever the hell else ya'll were doing." She watched most of the crowd file out not interested anymore, she sighed and set the empty red cup on a table. Raking a hand through her hair she took a deep breath and turned to Elijah, she shook her head at him before looking down at Doug. "God, I've never been happier to someone get their asses kicked. But please bitch, I'm not a mirror so go back to whatever hentai you came from stay there." She spit on his face before turning back to Elijah, without even a slight word she grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen of the house. There were only a few other people in here, two passed out and another four drunk trying to have a conversation. Letting go of his hand she grabbed another cup and made herself another screwdriver. Chugging it down she set the cup on the counter before looking up at Elijah with a smile, at least she was sober enough to know what she was doing. "So... Thanks for defending me back there, I don't even care for as to why though anymore. Nice fighting.... Quick question though, why the hell are you wearing a suit? This is a party ya know, and not a formal one at that." She eyed his suit curiously letting her smile fall slightly, she lifted herself up on a counter waiting for an answer.
Evelyn
Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceBaudelaire Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Elijah scratched the back of his head, realizing that he was dressed rather formally for the type of party he was at. "I... Never really go to these things, I wasn't sure what to expect." He replied, smiling softly as she mentioned his fighting, something his father wanted to make sure he could do. "My father thought I should be able to protect myself, so I took MMA for a long time. I mainly enjoy Muay Thai, it takes a lot of discipline." Elijah smiled, glancing around at all the alcohol around him, making him feel a little uncomfortable. "Mira, I have a question. This is not really my scene, perhaps you would care to join me for something a little different?" He asked as he held out his hand, waiting as she took it to help her off of the counter. Leading Mira to his car, which was a 1950 Buick Roadmaster; colored a canary yellow. Elijah was used to getting strange looks from people on campus when he pulled up it his Roadmaster, but he absolutely adored it. The 50's was Elijah's favorite era, especially since Buddy Holly came out with a lot of music during that time. Opening the passenger door for Mira, he closed it behind her before getting into the driver seat. "Hope this isn't too nerdy, but it was a gift from my grandfather before he passed. I can't seem to part with it." He smiled, turning over the engine before driving away from the frat house, heading away from the city. Taking a dirt road off of the main road, Elijah lit a cigarette before rolling down the windows. "You can have one if you smoke." Buddy Holly's Everday played softly on his car stereo, Elijah tapping his hands on the wheel to the beat. Pulling into the parking lot of a rather busy building, Elijah turned off the car before letting Mira out of the car. "This is a little different than what you're probably used to, but I hope you enjoy yourself all the same." Elijah smiled shyly, opening the door for her before following behind her. Happy Together by The Turtles was being sung on the stage, a small audience sitting across from them while listening and clapping along. Elijah took Mira's hand, leading her through the crowd gathered by the stage to dance, taking her backstage and to a room. "Alright, let me get changed, and I'll find you the best seat." He said as he took off his tux jacket, going into the bathroom attached to the room. Getting changed into his performance clothes, Elijah led Mira to the front row. A sign had been placed on the chair right in the middle, him moving it as she sat down. "I'm going on next, I kinda already had this planned. Thought you'd have fun." Elijah grinned before heading backstage once more, the other singers finishing their song as the music changed. Elijah walked out on stage, playing the guitar as the band joined in. He took hold of the mic and sang his heart out, something he had usually done when he had his spare time free.

His performance:

The crowd cheered as the song came to an end, Elijah smiling and bowing nervously as he glanced at Mira. For some reason, when he had sung for a crowd before, it didn't really bother him or make him nervous. But, now that he knew Mira was watching him, he had started sweating a lot more. The crowd cheered for an encore, Elijah laughing as he saw Mira cheering as well. He knew he wouldn't have been able to tell them no, turning to the band before whispering his next song. "This next one is for a friend of mine, I think you'll all agree she looks rather sweet." He smiled as he pointed at Mira, the music gaining tempo as he took began to sing once more.

The crowd cheered as the song ended once more, Elijah taking one last bow before leaving the stage for someone else to sing. Meeting Mira backstage, Elijah smiled as he glared at the ground while wiping sweat off of his face. "Yeah, that was pretty lame compared to the newer stuff that was playing at that party, but I hope you had a good time." Elijah sighed, feeling like he probably made a fool of himself, since he wasn't like most of the guys on campus. Walking back out to the car with Mira, Elijah lit one more cigarette before leaning against his car. "Tomorrow we can go over some more of your notes, just to make sure that you're ready for the midterm coming up in a few weeks. I think you'll do just fine, you're a quick learner." Elijah said as he opened the door for her, seeing that it had gotten pretty late since the last time he glanced at this watch.
His father would surely have been upset if he knew that Elijah had been out this late, especially with a girl who was there on a scholarship. But, for some reason it didn't seem to bother him as much as it would have before, although he wasn't sure as to why. Pulling up in front of Mira house, he opened the door for her before closing it behind her. "I hope you had a good time, I can pick you up after classes tomorrow and we can get some work done. Text me when you're ready, have a good night." He smiled before kissing her hand, something that he had learned to do from the era of time he enjoyed. Giving her one more wave, he walked back to his car before driving off. Walking to his fraternity house, Elijah sighed when realizing he was going to have to face Doug again. Going inside, the whole house was gathered in the living room, Doug sitting on the couch with his nose bandaged and his face bruised. Elijah tried to ignore them, another housemate named Bobby, stopping him before he could go up the stairs. "So, what's this I am hearing about you fighting Doug at Trevor's party?" Bobby asked, Elijah remaining silent as he stood his ground, not wavering just because everyone was angry with him. "Doug brought it on himself, he was drunk and started a fight with someone I know. I didn't think she had done anything wrong, so I asked him to stop. It's not my fault he wanted to get his ass kicked." Elijah replied finally, Bobby crossing his arms as he glanced at Doug with disappointment. "Eli, do you know why we recruited you for Pi Kappa Alpha? Do you even know?" Doug asked in a condescending tone, Elijah rolling his eyes as he leaned against the wall. "Yeah, because you're all fucking stupid and you need my grade point average to keep your house." Elijah replied while being honest, that was the reason he was recruited for the fraternity. "Who's the girl he was mingling with?" Bobby asked, Doug laughing as he glared at Elijah, holding a bag of ice to his head as he spoke. "Mira-Jane, that pink haired chick in that sorority, Alpha Chi Omega. That's who." Bobby glanced over at Elijah with a disgusted look, as if he were offended just by hearing the name. "What the hell, Cartwright? Pike brothers do not mingle with bitches from Alpha Chi, you know that! Our bitches are over in Pi Phi, what are you thinking?" Bobby scolded, Elijah rolling his eyes as he stood straight, pushing past Bobby as he made his way to the stairs. "It isn't about what house they belong to, none of this is going to matter when we graduate. Grow up." He replied as he went to his room, locking the door behind him before laying on his bed.
He didn't know why he was still there, he could easily afford his own place. But, his father insisted that being in a fraternity would look good on his record, so he did it to pacify him. Looking at his phone, he stared at Mira's number while wondering what she was doing. He found himself thinking about her a lot since he dropped her off at her sorority house, remembering back to seeing her at the party. She seemed so carefree, like she didn't have parents breathing down her neck and her life hanging in the balance of good grades. In a small way, he somewhat envied her. The way she danced and was free, the kind of music that made her want to dance in the first place. And the alcohol, he had never seen so much that wasn't in his father's cabinets. Grabbing his jacket, he headed out the door and to the liquor store. Glaring at the bottles for what seemed like hours, he finally decided on bourbon and whiskey. Heading back to his room, he locked the door once more before turning on his stereo. Pouring a shot, he stared at the glass for a few moments before bringing it to his lips, downing it quickly without breathing. That one drink was all it took, once he felt the way all of his troubles disappeared, he knew he had to have more. Taking another shot, one by one until the bottle was gone. His mind racing, he went out to find somewhere he could dance his troubles away. Once inside of a club, Elijah found somewhere to dance with someone quickly. That's It by Bebe Rexha played, him having never heard the song but didn't really mind the beat. The night flew by quickly, the morning coming just as fast as his hangover. Throwing on some sunglasses as he left his room, he went to his car to head to class. But, instead of his usual attire, there was something definitely different about him. Something that his father wouldn't approve of.

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_lwbocmOZd31qaayj8o1_500
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Mira wasn't surprised when Elijah admitted that he didn't know what to expect, it was a party in college with adults and alcohol. You couldn't expect anything else. Hearing about the fighting class she raised an eyebrow, she wasn't quite expecting that. At his question she looked around the room for a moment before smiling at him. "Sure" She placed her hand in his and mumbled a small thanks as he helped her down, on the way out she made sure to grab her bag and phone. Upon seeing the care she nearly squealed, litteraly.
Somehow managing to hold it back she got in as Elijah held the door open for her, Mira was loving this whole gentleman act though. She looked around the car loving every small detail, at his comment she laughed. "You kidding? This is one sexy ass car!" Hearing the engine roar to life excitement built up within her, there were so many places they could go! Where was he even taking her? Soon the smell of the cigarette hit her and so did a wave of nausea, Mira turned towards the window feeling sick due to the stench. "I don't smoke..." After what felt like an eternity they finally stopped, as Elijah killed the engine she left the car as soon as she could. Entering the building she felt sorta out of place, everyone here knew what they came to see with people who had common interests, and she didn't which now gave her a sense of how Elijah felt at the party. Following him to the back she tried to keep her head down trying to ignore the stares, maybe her bright hair made her stand out too much... Mira gave a brief nod as Elijah went to go change, she rocked back and forth on her heels looking around the backroom.
So Elijah sang? That was a nice fun fact, her tutor actually did something other than study! When he led her to a seat she gave him a small smile before sitting down, she tried to sit up but ended up only making herself comfortable in the chair. Her grandmother would kill her if she was here now, but before any memories of home could settle in Elijah began. Surprise was evident on her features as she listened, where did her learn to sing like that? A grin plastered itself on her lips as she tapped her foot to the rhythm, he loved the oldies. It wasn't too long till the song came to and end, and when it did she stood up clapping and cheering with the rest of the crowd. He was going to do another song, right? "Come on, sing another!"
Sitting back down she watched as he whispered to the band behind him, excitement settled within her as she seen him turn back to the mic. His comment made her cheeks burn, suddenly all the new attention made the room feel stuffy. Removing her jacket she listened as the band began, her head snapped up recognizing the song. Did Elijah really call her a friend and dedicate this song to her? Her shoulders shook with silent laughter, but Mira did still enjoy the song. Time flew and the song was over, she was the first to be up and cheer. Seeing him start to leave the stage she grabbed her jacket and bag, left her seat and went backstage. She met him with a huge grin. "This was better, oldies always have been and always will be better than our music. You were great out there!" Mira laughed following him out of the building, taking a deep breath she let her smile fall. This was relaxing and different, different in a good way though. Elijah lite another cigarette and Mira resisted the urge to gag, instead she tried to focus more on how beautiful is was outside. "Thanks, but I think it's just the fact that you're a great teacher that helps." She smile and got in the care hugging her bag close to he chest, she was excited for tomorrow.
After a long car ride they pulled up in front of her sorority, which seemed a bit too quiet to her.. Mira got out the car and moved some hair out of her face, she nodded slightly about to turn and leave. Then Elijah kissed her hand. She sort of shut down for a moment, her mind tried to wrap itself around what just happened. After a moment she snapped out of it, just in time to see she was completely alone. Turning toward her sorority house she felt slightly scared, why was it so quiet...? Shifting her bag around she slowly walked towards the house, pulling out her key she unlocked the door and shut it behind her. Flipping the switch she watched as the room lit up and the faces of the girl became clearer, Mira instantly noticed the different expressions the girls held. Some held mischievous grins, while the others held serious, yet angry, faces. What did she do this time? "So M.J.... Who was that?" That was the guy who's tutoring me? His name is Elijah, we're just friends Amanda. He took me home after the party." The brunette didn't back down. "Why'd he kiss your hand then?" "Hell if I know, he's a guy who had manners I guess." She looked around the room watching the girls whisper, but what caught her attention most is that the living room was clean. That was the upside to all this. "Ok... So, are you going to ask him out?" Her attention turned to Amanda again who was now grinning like an idiot. Mira laughed slightly, calming down she looked at the girls. "That's why the house was quiet, you were all waiting to intrude on my love life! The answer is no though, but I'm going to bed so no more questions~" She went up to her room as fast as her legs would carry her, hearing a few disappointed groans she shut the door behind her and looked around. Arianne was passed out still in her clothes from earlier, she sighed before dropping her jacket and bag on her own bed. Making her way over to her roommate's dresser she grabbed a pair of alien pajamas and took of Arianne's heels, sitting the girl up she quickly changed her before tucking the girl in. "Jeez..." Maybe leaving her there alone wasn't a great idea, but she did get to spend some time with Elijah which was great.
Kicking off her own shoes she turned the light off and snuggled into her own covers, it as really early compared to her normal sleep time but she actually had stuff to do tomorrow. Soon sleep welcomed her in. The next morning came and the sound of her alarm greeted her, opening her eyes she sat up with a yawn and turned the alarm off. Looking around she seen Arianne gone, her roommate was gone before her... Something was up... Rolling out of bed she changed into a white dress, ankle boots, and a leather jacket, brushing her hair out and putting on her regular makeup she grabbed her phone and backpack and went downstairs. The smell of bacon and eggs made her stomach growl, instantly she went into the kitchen and found everyone sitting down and eating. "Okay, who cooked and how the hell are ya'll sitting at a table not killing each other?" Her question killed the light, cheerful mood and she saw Arianne at the stove. Oh, now it all made sense. "Morning! Your plates on the counter!" Mira looked at her roommate then at her breakfast, quickly grabbed a fork she scarfed down the food and put her plate in the sink. "Thanks for the food!" "You didn't even take your time and enjoy it!" "I know, but I can't be late for class." She waved to everyone and left, it was early so maybe she could walk there this time. It didn't seem to bad.
Evelyn
Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceBaudelaire Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:37 pm

As Elijah drove to class, he peered through his sunglasses as he saw Mira walking. Pulling over in front of her, he lowered his glasses and gave her his famous smile. "Come on, partner. You aren't walking to class anymore." He said as he opened the door for her, closing it behind her as he got back in. "I hope your night was better than mine." Elijah sighed as he pulled into the parking lot, finding his regular spot had been taken already. Growling with aggravation, Elijah pulled into another spot before letting Mira-Jane out of the car. "Meet me back here around two?" Elijah asked, hearing Mira agree before the two went their separate ways. A skinny black man followed behind Elijah quickly, catching up to him before speaking. "Morning, Eli! We still on for poker tonight?" The man asked as he adjusted his thick-rimmed glasses, Elijah giving him a soft smile as he ran a hand through his hair. "You bet, Steve. Got any news for me?" Elijah replied as the two walked to class, Steve going over his notes before pulling out one that caught his attention. "Yeah, actually. Pi Kappa Alpha is throwing a party tomorrow night, but it's not their normal shindig." Steve said as he handed the flyer to Elijah, him reading it aloud in an angry tone. "Blah, blah. blah, party tomorrow at ten. What do they mean invitation only?" Elijah asked Steve, the tall man adjusting his glasses once more as he spoke. "I guess you have to have an invitation to this party, which doesn't make sense since they never needed them before. Maybe you should talk to Bobby, something doesn't seem right for your frat." Steve replied before waving to Elijah as he went into his own classroom, Elijah crumbling the flyer as he went to find Bobby instead of going to class. Finding the large jock hiding out in the locker rooms hitting a blunt, Elijah shut the door and locked it behind him as he went inside. "Didn't think I'd ever see you here, Cartwright. What's up?" Bobby asked as he took the blunt from a cheerleader; her name being Cheryl, if Elijah remembered correctly. "What's the deal with this party you're throwing tomorrow night? I thought I was told about every party, isn't that the Pi Kappa Alpha motto? Every brother knows about an awesome kegger?" Elijah asked as he tossed the flyer at Bobby's feet, the jock sighing as he passed the blunt on to the next guy as he spoke. "Well, Eli. You broke one of the rules last night with the Alpha Chi Omega girl, so we didn't tell you about the party tomorrow. It's only fair, I mean you broke one of our rules first." Bobby replied, Elijah rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms, turning down the blunt when it was passed his way. "So, what are you saying? I'm not invited?" Elijah asked, Bobby and the others laughing as Bobby took another hit before he spoke. "You're always invited to your house's parties, Eli! But, the Alpha Chi Omegas aren't invited, and neither are any of their friends. Too bad though, we were gonna have some pretty off the charts entertainment, and you've got to make an appearance. I guess you'll have to tell your girlfriend that she can't come with you, hope that won't start a love spat." Bobby laughed as Elijah got into his face, Bobby becoming silent as Elijah's stern voice and expression demanded the quiet. "If you ever speak of Mira-Jane in a way that is less than she deserves, I will break your fucking jaw. You think you can handle that?" Elijah turned a left the locker room without another word, having already missed a lot of class and knowing his father would have been furious. Speaking of the man, Elijah groaned as he glanced at his phone to see his father's name, putting it up to his ear before speaking. "Yes, fa-" "Don't give me that smartass mouth, Elijah! Why did your teacher mark you as absent for the day? Why aren't you in class, where are you?" His father shouted, interrupting Elijah like he had always done. Elijah rolled his eyes as he walked past Mira's classroom, glancing at her as she noticed him before he continued walking out of the building. "I woke up late, I spent all night studying and forgot about my morning class. I'll be there for my next one, don't have a heart attack." Elijah replied as he got into his car, putting his phone on speaker through the car's speakers as he drove away. "I don't pay $25,000 a year for you to go there, Elijah! Just so you can miss class because you overslept! Don't be late for your evening class, or you won't have a dime to spend on anything extra!" His dad shouted before hanging up, Elijah stopping at the side of the road before pulling up his text messages.
Sending one to Mira, he laid his head back on the head rest before lighting a cigarette, his motivation to learn having almost disappeared.
Hey, I'm not going to class, but I'll come get you at two. Let me know when you're out.
He pushed send before starting his engine again, not exactly knowing where he was going to go but that didn't stop him. He drove around until it was time to pick up Mira, leaning against his car in the parking lot as he waited for her. Steve raced over to him, catching his breath before he tried to speak. "E..Eli.. Woah, I am not fit at all.. Anyway, it's Bobby and Doug, they are trying to get you kicked out of the fraternity!" Steve said as he caught his breath, Elijah remaining silent as he continued waiting for Mira. "Thanks, Steve. I think I'm gonna stay at my dad's penthouse tonight, so watch yourself in the house without me." Elijah said finally as he saw Mira walking towards him with a smile, him having waited all day just to see her and he wasn't sure as to why. Opening the door for her, he got in quickly as he shared glances with Bobby who was walking towards them. Without a word, Elijah peeled out of the parking lot and down the road as fast as his car would go, him wanting to get away as fast as he could. "Sorry, the guys are starting shit with me, and I don't want to hurt anyone." He said as he drove away from campus entirely, heading more towards the city. "I'm not staying the night in the house tonight, it would end up being very bad for everyone. So, I'm gonna show you my dad's penthouse, that way you can come over and we can study there." Elijah smiled at her, hearing her respond to everything before he pulled inside the multi-story parking garage. Opening the car door for Mira, he took her hand before leading her to the front of a rather tall building. Elijah nodded to the doorman as he spoke, "Afternoon, Mister Cartwright." leading Mira to the elevator before going to the top floor. Opening the door to the penthouse, he let her inside before closing it behind them. The room was lit by the sun, and smelled like fresh cut flowers. He tossed his bag on the couch before taking off his shoes, heading over to open the curtains more. "This is it, not much but it's my dad's. He lets me use it since he never comes to this part of town, says it's dangerous for rich folk." Elijah scoffed as he handed Mira a bottle of water, taking a seat on the couch as he opened his laptop. "Ready to get started?" He asked, giving the girl who was obviously in shock over the residence a smile, patting the couch as he turned on the television.

His penthouse:
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn 1413327525145_Image_galleryImage__MUST_LINK_IN_COPY_www_43
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Psilotero-diamerisma-2
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Article-2634967-1E0FB97700000578-571_964x648
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Mira turned hearing a car drive up, well there went her walking idea. Hearing Elijah she gave a small smile before getting in, God she loved this car. "Thanks. It was okay..." She looked at him and immediately could smell alcohol, it wasn't much but it was still there just barely. When did he go and drink? Turning her attention outside she watched as the world flew by, and soon they arrived at school. Opening her door she got out, "Got it chief!" she closed the door before waving and heading inside, instantly she was met by a few pissed friends and her sorority members. "What happened?" "You! Alpha Chi Omega wasn't invited to another party because of you Mira-Jane!" "We aren't allowed to go either because we're friends with people from Alpha Chi!" Another girl yelled at her after Frankie, she groaned before stamping her foot. "Well that isn't my fault, if I'm correct I didn't start a fight, break anything, steal, and I wasn't rude to anyone. Take it up with the party hosts." She walked away from the screaming girls already pissed too, what the hell did she do? All she did was go to a party last night for a while, and then she was with Elijah until he took her home. Nothing made sense anymore! Looking around she watched some people she knew glare at her and point, okay something was seriously up. She tried to make herself look smaller but every set of eyes seemed to burn holes straight through her, her self consciousness began to kick in and she sped walked to class instantly taking a seat into a corner. Why today of all days did this all happen? The day she was actually feeling good about college and about life in general, quickly getting out her necessary materials for class she tried to play it cool.
Pulling out her phone she opened it and open it up, opening Instagram she scrolled down trying to block out everything else. This was the first time she ever felt this way, or was it? How did she used to deal with this back in middle school? Instead of remembering the bit of information she wanted she came back to something her grandfather said. "Who gives a cookie crumb about what they say? Just be yourself my little Fire Brand! She smiled then taking a deep breath ridding of all her anxiety, just as she did class started. It seemed so much more exciting than it actually was, turning her phone off she set it under her notebook. Soon enough other students filled in an finally the teacher, instantly she grew bored as he started talking. Just then someone walked by the class and she looked over, it was Elijah! She sat up slightly and waved, as he left she only then noticed the direction he was going. Why as he leaving? Was he ditching without her?! Wait, she couldn't afford to ditch and he could... Dammit... Focusing back on class she occasionally wrote down notes, but as her phone vibrated she read over the text. "Peachy..." She muttered.
After classes Mira quickly packed up and was the first one out, no way she was staying there with a bunch of pissed off girls. Making her way outside she cursed at herself for wearing the boots, they were starting to hurt more with each step. It didn't take her long to find Elijah, but he was talking to someone. She knew him from somewhere, but couldn't quite connect a name to him. Still she smiled at Elijah as she walked closer, and once she got there Elijah opened the door for her as usual. So sweet. She got in and fixed her dress after shutting the door, but just as her happy mood set in it plummeted as soon as she seen Bobby. As much as she didn't to fight him in front of Elijah, she needed to clear this all up right now. Quickly she flipped him off before turning to Elijah"Hey wa- Holy mother of orange flying gummy bears! Slow down!" She clutched her seat as her phone fell out of her pocket and onto the floor, Mira tensed up waiting for him to slow down. Hearing Elijah she let out the breath she had unknowingly held, damn did he just scare her... "Awesome, we have a set study place now." It didn't take long for them to arrive, but when they did she felt really small. Grabbing her phone she got out and placed her hand in Elijah's, she looked at the building they were heading towards. He lived here? "Holy guacamole..." She whispered to herself more than anymore, she looked around feeling as if her body was ahead of her feet. Getting in the elevator she placed a hand of the railing, Mira would never get used to the feeling of elevators moving. Entering the penthouse she quickly noticed the lack of color, sure there was some things but barely anything. Next time she came to study here she was bringing a bunch of colorful items for the house, not much but something to give it more life. Hearing his comment on his dad she laughed. "This place is better than mine, so it's something! But I've lived here perfectly fine and I've never had a a problem with anything, so rich people are fine. The only threat the rest of 'em face is some drunk and really loud teens and people, nothing they can't handle though." She smiled and sat next to him, Mira took one more glance around the room. Way to much white for her liking... Pulling out her books, notebooks, and pencils her smile grew."Ya, let's do this!"
Evelyn
Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceBaudelaire Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:20 pm

A few hours had passed since Elijah had checked the time, seeing that it had gotten much later than he had expected. He glanced over at Mira, her pink locks in her face as she studied. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself, giving her a smile when she looked up at him. "I didn't realize it was so late, I could drive you home or you could just stay here tonight. I'll take the couch." Elijah said as he scratched the back of his head, hearing her say she would rather stay there. "Alright, I'll order some pizza or something and get a movie, you've earned it after all the hard work you've done." He said as he opened his laptop, going to the Domino's website before ordering their individual pizzas. Once the food had arrived, Elijah saw that it was now ten at night, the time his frat brothers would be getting ready to attend or throw a party. MJ, I have been meaning to ask you something." He said as he glanced over at her with her mouth full of pizza, him smiling before he continued to speak. "Have the girls in your sorority... Been mean to you about anything? Possibly about not being invited to a party?" He asked, scratching his neck as he glared at the floor, feeling bad that he had ruined things for her and her sisters. "Bobby is trying to get me kicked from the house, probably even expelled from the school if my father wasn't Albert Cartwright." He groaned, running his hands down his face as he stood up to go to the balcony. He had noticed that Mira didn't enjoy his smoking, so he opened the balcony door and partially stepped outside before lighting a cigarette. "I feel awful for everything that has happened since we started hanging out, I didn't mean for things to get so crazy. But, I guess this is college, and is supposed to be the craziest years of our lives." Elijah sighed, glaring down at the traffic below as he spotted a familiar limo pull up in front of the front door. "Shit!" He panicked as he through his cigarette off the balcony before closing the door, rushing to the bedroom to grab a suitcase as he sprayed the penthouse with air freshener. "My father is here, he's just going to be here for a moment. It'll be alright, just smile for me." He said as he began to sweat, the sound of the front door unlocking before it opened making his heart race. "Eli? What's that smell? You been smokin' in here, boy? I told you I do-" The man paused as he saw Mira, glancing at Elijah with an angered expression on his face. "Who's this? What's going on? I told you no friends, especially ones that look like that." Albert said as he took the suitcase from Elijah with an attitude, Elijah sighing as he rubbed his neck before speaking. "Father, she's the girl I am tutoring, her big test is tomorrow and I am helping her for extra credit. Remember?" Elijah replied, seeming like a child who was being yelled at by a parent; which technically he was. "Yeah, I remember, but that doesn't mean she has to be in my penthouse, she doesn't even look clean." Albert said as he stared at Mira like she didn't belong in his world, the look angering Elijah more and more by the minute. "There's no reason for you to say anything about her, father. She's not doing anything wrong, she's just trying to save her scholarship." Elijah instantly regretted his words as he spoke them, Albert letting out a hearty chuckle as he held on to his suit. "A begger, ehh? Can't raise the money herself so she has to ask for help? That's the kind of women you're supposed to avoid, Elijah. They're the ones that get pregnant and can't find a job other than Mcdonald's." Albert replied with another laugh, Elijah clenching his fists as the laughter continued. "Stop. Leave her alone, you got what you came for, so why are you still here?" Elijah asked, his father's laughter coming to an end as a serious look appeared on his face. "Are you forgetting who pays for all your little toys? That nice car in the garage, the clothes you're wearing? I can take it all away, boy. She better be gone by morning, or you can kiss your spending money goodbye." His father threatened, that being the last straw that Elijah could handle before he snapped.
"The car is mine, but you can take everything else! Take my credit cards, take it all! I don't need any of this, we both know that I am capable of making millions without your help!" Elijah shouted as he gathered his and Mira's things, taking her hand before leaving the penthouse. Opening his car door for her, he got in himself before peeling his tires. Once he was away from the penthouse entirely, Elijah slowed down before rolling down his window to smoke a cigarette. "Sorry about the smoke, and sorry you had to be there for all of that. I have to say, if you weren't there, I would have rolled over for him again. Thank you for standing up for yourself, I had no idea that someone could tell him off like that." Elijah said to Mira as he kept his eyes on the road, not sure where to go since he didn't want to go back to the campus. Although, he felt bad for dragging Mira all over the city, just because he had no where to go right now.

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Original
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Mira did feel a bit awkward about staying the night here, but it was either this of the girls at home. There was always the option of going home, but then her grandparents would question her. She had nothing to answer with either, due to the fact she didn't even know what was going on. Hearing Elijah say he would order pizza excitement was practically radiating off of her, not only could she stay here but was also getting pizza? Best. Night. EVER! As they waited on the food she made herself comfy and checked her phone, as soon as she turned the device on she was surprised to see all the new messages, missed calls, and voice mails. Listening to the voice mails and reading the texts she held back a groan, some of them were worried messages from Arianne while the rest was her sorority. Ha, she might just join another one if she could or maybe none at all. As soon as food got there she was up and ready as her phone now lay abandoned on the floor, taking her pizza she sat down already shoving a piece in her mouth. Looking up at Elijah she tried to keep looking at him, shoving pizza into your mouth at a very nice guy's place was totally attractive... His question nearly caused her to choke on her pizza, she quickly swallowed her bite and looked out a window. Should she lie...? "Ya, kinda. But it's nothing new really, they've never really liked me anyway. I don't even know how I got into Alpha Chi, maybe cause I have money and a scholarship..." She laughed slightly but turned back to her pizza and kept eating, after her first slice though she had lost her appetite. Hearing about Bobby she clenched her jaw, she knew she would've been the stuffing out of him earlier. He was going to pay... But just as everything seemed to cool off Elijah's curse made her jump to her feet, oh hell. Why did his father have to come? She tried to smile but it was forced, dammit Mira-Jane!

Be a human, act like this is a business meeting. Her smile relaxed into more of a natural yet polite one, then he came in giving her the most judging look she'd ever seen. Damn. At his insults she tried to keep her cool, but as soon as she heard the word beggar she snapped, but somehow managed to keep her cursing down. She waited till Elijah finished. "Beggar?" She scoffed crossing her arms but still trying to keep a polite tone. "Mr. Cartwright, I'm Mira-Jane Gordon or rather Mira-Jane Wrintler. I don't think you know me very well, but I can guaranty you that I could've paid for college. Hell, I could've even bought the college. My family owns a most of the buildings in this city and most of the fashion world. But I think you already know that, you are business partners with my grandfather I think. Patrick Wrintler and his wife Cornelia Gordon? Now I would like to keep this civil but you're making it very hard, remember Mr. Cartwright. Manners and connections are what make our fortunes, it takes twenty years to build a reputation and only five seconds to destroy it. Keep that in mind, and have a lovely night." That last sentence came out more aggressive then she hoped for, but grabbing her phone and left with Elijah. Everything about her changed into a storm of rage, a bottled up one just waiting to explode.
Seeing the car she muttered a thank you to Elijah before getting in and shutting the door, holding her bag close to her her wind whirled with all the unsaid curses and words she held against Elijah's father. After they left Elijah lit another cigarette and Mira just sat still, at this point the smell was just calming her down... It reminded her of her dad, and that was enough to bring her back. "Ya well, I'm kinda used to having to stand up for myself. I was just trying to have a polite conversation and yet I nearly exploded..." She buried her face into her back pack, Mira did honestly regret some of her wording but not like she could change the past. Looking out the window she noticed they were wondering, it was time to go home. "Pull over, now." Okay, too aggressive right there. She seriously needed to let all that out later, she didn't want to be like this around Elijah.
"Okay, switch me seats. I'm taking us somewhere, that will actually be nice." She said once he did pull over, getting out of the car she switched seats with Elijah. Closing the door she scrunched up her nose slightly, his side stunk like cigarettes which she didn't fully like but was still relaxing. Roaring the engine to life she spaced out as muscle memory took over, the thought of the house, her grandparents, Stark, and just her actual room sounded nice right now. Driving out of the city she went just a little out until they reached a part where the trees were thick, finally finding the driveway she drove up the small dirt road until they reached a parking lot in front of a huge house. Parking she turned the car off, she smiled at Elijah and got out making sure to grab her stuff. As soon as she shut the door there was barking, and a giant black great dane came rushing out. "Stark!" The dog jumped up on her nearly knocking Mira over but she managed to get him off. "Come on, you can meet my family." She grabbed Elijah's hand as Stark growled and barked at him, she gently flicked the dog before heading inside. Reaching the door she knocked before opening it. "Gramps! Gram! I'm home, and I have a friend!" "My little June Bug!" Her grandmother rushed to the door with her grandpa only seconds behind her, she let go of Elijah's hand and took a step forward not wanting him to get pulled into the hug. In the end he did get pull in by her grandpa, and after a while the hug was released. "So who's your friend here?" She smiled at her grandpa. "This is Elijah Cartwright, he's tutoring me and also a really good friend. We were hoping to stay here tonight, something came up between our houses and we don't want to be there right now." "Of course he can stay! Dinner's done too, grandma also made pie!"

The house

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn 18f6abf55ec4a8fb806a439cb631a604--dream-big-my-dream-house
Evelyn
Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceBaudelaire Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Elijah smiled warmly at how kind Mira's grandparents were, wishing his were just as nice. Growing up, Elijah's grandparents were always most interested in what his older brother, Darren, was doing and never cared about Elijah. "Thank you for having me, I really hope I am not imposing." Elijah said politely as he took a seat at the dinner table, Mira's grandfather letting out a loud chuckle before he spoke. "Nonsense, kiddo! I know your papa, and I can tell you that I see why you needed a retreat! That man is absolutely awful!" The man said, Mira's grandmother giggling as she dished out their dinner on to their plates, Elijah forgetting the last time he had a home cooked meal. After eating dinner with Mira and her grandparents, Elijah stepped outside for a cigarette since he didn't want to seem rude. As he puffed his cigarette, his phone began to vibrate in his pocket. His eyes rolled once he saw the name. Darren. Answering his brother, he took another hit before hearing his brother on the other line. "Wassup, baby brother? Dad made it official in the banks, your name is out. What did you do?" Darren asked, Elijah knowing full and well that that was what his father was going to do after their fight. "Dad got disrespectful with a friend of mine, I couldn't let him act that way without yelling back." Elijah replied, there being a brief silence as his brother took a breath before speaking. "You need a place to stay?" Darren asked, Elijah glancing back at Mira's grandparent's house, sighing as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm fine for tonight, but I will need somewhere later on. Think that'll be okay?" Elijah asked, Darren laughing softly before he replied, Elijah hitting his cigarette as his brother spoke. "Yeah, that's fine, kid. Just come by anytime after noon and I'll be home, the door is always open." Darren said as he glanced around his house, he had got it on his own without their father. Elijah said goodbye to his brother before going back inside, smiling at Mira when she asked who he was talking to. "I'll introduce you to him tomorrow, I'm gonna be moving out of the frat house. But, I'll still be able to take you to class and all, wouldn't want those pretty feet walking." Elijah smiled, Mira's grandmother watching the two of them with a big smile. Later that night, Elijah laid on the couch while staring at his phone, going through his messages with his father. They had all been condescending and mean, there was nothing fatherly in the contents of the messages at all. Finally able to fall asleep, Elijah let his mind relax as he dozed off.
The next morning, Elijah shook Mira's grandparent's hands before opening his car door for Mira. "Thanks again for having me, I really appreciate you opening your house to me for the night." He said with a final wave, getting into the car before heading to his brother's. "I sort of forgot to mention that.. I have an older brother. His name is Darren. We used to not get along as kids, but he's letting me stay at his place. I hope you don't mind, but I would love to have you around while I move my shit out of the frat house. Would that be alright?" Elijah asked, hearing Mira agree to help him before he turned down his brother's road. His brother was standing outside in his front yard, hitting a cigarette while watering his hydrangeas. Elijah pulled the car into the drive way before letting Mira out, Darren giving her a smile along with a wave. "Glad you could make it, Eli!" Darren called as Elijah and Mira walked up the drive way, Darren turning off the water hose as he hit his cigarette and gave Elijah a hug. "Darren, this is Mira. Mira, this is my brother, Darren." Elijah introduced, Darren shaking Mira's hands before he spoke, a smile stuck on his face longer than he had planned. "Welcome, Mira! Glad you two could make it, dad has been blowing up my phone for the first time in years. You two must have really pissed him off, huh?" Darren asked as he led the two inside, shutting the door behind them as he opened the curtains. "So, are you gonna drop out of college, or are you gonna finish?" Darren asked as he moved a bong off of the entertainment center, flicking his cigarette ashes in an ash tray as he took a seat. Elijah sat down next to Mira, rubbing his face with his hands as he thought of how to answer that question. "I honestly don't know, Darren. Dad said he is gonna cut my funding, and then there's the drama with the brothers over Mira." Elijah replied, Darren rubbing his chin as he glanced at Mira with a grin, looking back at his brother before he spoke. "You gonna leave college for her?" Darren asked as he opened a beer, Elijah somewhat surprised by his statement before looking over at Mira with a small grin. "Well, yeah. I would leave college for her if it meant she was able to have a better experience." Elijah responded, Darren nodding his head with a small as he lightly smacked Elijah's shoulder. "Then you know what to do, Eli. Change the game, change what is going on and make it work in your favor. I know you're smart enough to know what I am talking about, you do it all the time for dad's company. You practically run his fortune anyway. don't you?" Darren said as he took another chug of his beer, Elijah growing more and more confident with Darren's suggestion. If the frat house and the sorority were making things hard on him and Mira, then it was time he made things harder on them. "I won't quit college, but I am leaving Pi Kappa Alpha, right after I ruin their party." Elijah smiled, taking Mira's hand in his as he stood up and spun her around. "How are you going to do that?" Darren asked, Elijah giving him a cunning smile before taking out his phone to find Steve's number. "Mira and I are going to throw a bigger party than theirs, we shall see who out kegs the King of Keggers. What do you think? You gonna help?" Elijah asked Darren with a raised eyebrow, Darren laughing as he clapped his hands and stood up. "Oh, hell, yeah! I haven't been to a college party in years, let's do this!" Darren said as he packed his bong and took a hit, clearing off the table as he went through his contacts. Elijah gave Mira a soft smile, looking into her eyes more now than he ever had before. "As for you, beautiful. We are going to get you ready for the big test in a few days, Darren can handle the party planning for now. Let's get to studying, you're so close and I know you're going to pass and save that scholarship." Elijah smiled as he kissed her hand, heading to the kitchen to get himself a beer while he prepared for the long night ahead of the three of them. Especially if he was going to outdo a party thrown by Bobby, who he admitted was an amazing party planner. That's why Pi Kappa Alpha was the top fraternity, they always had the best parties. Elijah knew that Darren was the king of parties during his college years, so he needed his brother and Mira more than ever now.

Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_mxtm017exT1sidwddo1_500
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn Tumblr_mtjn6116ai1rn6xczo3_250
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Mira was beyond relieved when her grandparents welcomed Elijah in so warmly, no hint of any rudeness but instead only kindness. She walked in with Stark at her side, taking a seat at the table she listened to her grandpa and smiled. "But you somehow manage him, even after all these years." "I know, we've known each other for so long his personality doesn't bug me anymore!" She laughed she began eating staying quiet for the rest of the conversation, glancing into the hall she seen Coen's door open. So was Jasmine's and Kia's. When were they here? Focusing back on everyone she seen her grandma give her a gentle smile, she smiled right back and joined the small talk. After dinner she walked down to her room and pulled her key out of the hall closet, opening the door she smiled at the colorful area and immediately flopped down on her bed. She laid there enjoying the feeling of being home, maybe she should move here permanently. But that went leaving Arianne there and she did not want to drive all that way, never again. Hopefully Arianne fed Minnie, she hadn't even gone back to check on the poor rabbit. "Firebrand?" "Hey Gramps, when were they here and why haven't they visited me?" "They all came to stay for a week for our anniversary, Kia and Jasmine had work and you already know Coen." Mira rolled her eyes and nodded, as her grandpa left she got up and changed into an over sized shirt and yoga shorts. Walked out of her room she seen Elijah on the phone, deciding to wait for him she positioned herself on the couch. After a while he came in. "Who were you talking to?" She pouted slightly when he didn't give he details, well there was something to look forward to again. She tried to ignore the compliment but her face burned, what was up with all these compliments? Turning she seen her grandma with a big smile, why was she smiling like that? Meh. Not caring she got up and sought out her grandfather to bug. After a long while of playing with Stark and everyone and eating, it was finally time to get some sleep and jeez was she tired. Walking to her room she plugged in the lanterns on her roof, turning the lights off she crawled into bed and snuggled into the blankets. Her attentions turned to the photo on the nightstand next to her bed, it was her, Jasmine, Kia, and Coen last year. Next to it is was the same group except Riley was there too, and they were all way younger. With a sigh she smiled and closed her eyes welcoming sleep.
Next morning she was up at the break of dawn, Mira had gotten ready and was outside already in the garden in the back yard. It looked like someone had weeded and fixed it up since her last visit, probably Kia since it just screamed organization. As Stark came running out she smiled and instantly started playing the dog and mending the gardens, after hours everyone was up and it was time to leave again. Gathering her things up she walked out with Elijah giving her grandparents each a hug, getting in the care she waved bye and they were off. As he brought up his brother she smiled, so he did have siblings. Then it turned to him moving out of his frat, okay so now she can officially go beat them without having to face Elijah in a war. "Sure, I'll come help." And only minutes later they were at his brother's, Mira was hesitant about getting out of the car but in the end she did. Walking up the driveway she no longer held any regret about getting out, Darren seemed nice enough. Shaking his hand she followed him inside and sat down, so was their dad the only one who didn't smoke? She tried not to make a face at the smell, the conversation mainly focused on Elijah staying in college. Feeling her phone vibrate she seen it was a message from Kia to her, Jasmine, and Coen. 'Hey, anyone want to meet up to night?' Ok, so maybe she should go and hang out with Kia....
She looked up hearing her name and set her phone down, as Darren glanced at her she felt like she missed something until she heard the question and Elijah's answer. Dread yet happiness set over her, she was happy he cared for her but leave college...? Elijah suddenly said they were going to ruin Pi Kappa's party, and then he pulled her up and spun her around. Instantly she felt slightly dizzy from the spin, finally able to focus on Elijah she laughed slightly. If they were going to throw a party bigger than Pi Kappa's she was going to need some help, grabbing her phone she sent a quick text to the group chat Kia started. "Kia dear I need LOTS of alcohol, I have to deal with something.' Pressing send she read over the text and sighed, what would make this party even bigger...? Coen would, he ran a band and people liked live bands right? Exiting the group chat she went to Coen's text thread, with slight hesitation she sent a text. 'Listen I'm sorry, but I really need your help. It's important.' Turning off her phone she put it in her back pack before turning to Elijah with a smile, Mira didn't enjoy the fact her cheeks felt like they were on fire as Elijah looked into her eyes but endorsed it anyways. Beautiful? Okay, she wanted-no, she needed an answer right now? Did he like her too or not?! Watching him walk away she looked away, pulling out her books again she set them out. One night without studying would be nice, especially when they're trying to throw the hugest party ever. Seeing her phone light up she seen Kia answered with a 'Got it.' and so had Coen... 'Sure, what's going on?' That had gone better than expected... 'My sorority is pissed at me and my friends frat is being a d-bag so we're gonna out party them. We need music.' About to put her phone down it light up again, 'You're lucky we're in town, we'll be at grandpa's when you need me.' She shot up from her seat on the couch, where was Elijah anyways? "Score! Guys, I got us music and alcohol!" Mira smiled widely.
Evelyn
Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by AliceBaudelaire Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Darren smiled at Mira's announcement, glancing at his phone as it vibrated in his hand. A look of shock crossed his face, Darren glancing up to see where Elijah was. Elijah stood in the kitchen, staring at a few text messages he had received himself. Running a hand through his hair, Elijah sighed softly to himself before taking a drink of his beer. "I'm gonna go see if Elijah got lost in the kitchen, you can pop in a movie if you want. I'll be making dinner if you wanna stay." Darren said as he handed Mira the remote to the television, heading into the kitchen as he saw Elijah leaning against the counter. "Did she text you too?" Darren asked, Elijah sweating as he stared at the message. "Yeah, but what am I gonna do? What about Mira? I haven't even told her yet. What do you think she will say when she finds out I have a daughter?" Elijah whispered in panic, Darren walking closer to him before putting his hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about that right now, just focus on this party you're throwing soon. I'll deal with Samantha, and tell her she can bring Alice to my house this weekend." Darren replied, Elijah taking a deep breath as he thought about how Mira would react to the fact that he had a four year old daughter. Nodding to his brother, Elijah walked back out to the living room before taking a seat on the couch next to Mira. "So, do you want to invite your siblings to the party? I mean, they are helping, that's what you said wasn't it?" Elijah smiled awkwardly as he tried to shake the tension he had gotten from Samantha's text, taking another drink of his beer while keeping his eyes on the television. Hearing Mira speak, he felt his stomach churn with the fact he was hiding something from her. He had almost forgotten about Samantha and their daughter, since she never really let him see her. Things had seemed so much better when he was with Mira, but he didn't want to build their relationship on a foundation of lies. But, there was nothing he could do at the moment, telling Mira now would only make things between them weird and uncomfortable. Darren emerged from the kitchen with a huge grin, handing Mira a beer and a Mountain Dew in case she didn't want to drink. "Alright, guys! Here's what's on the menu for tonight, so I hope you brought your empty stomachs!" Darren bellowed with a cigarette in his mouth, holding two little homemade menu boards in his other hand. "Fun fact for you, Miss Mira. Our mother was Swedish, so we have some fine Swedish cuisine that I can make. We can dine on some delicious Köttbullar, or we can go American and have some burgers." Darren smiled, Elijah's eyes lighting up as he heard his brother speaking Swedish once again. It was their mother's native tongue, and was taught to the boys as they grew up. Elijah glanced over at Mira, who seemed to be confused on what the other option for dinner was. Laughing a little, he nodded to Darren who nodded back and went to the kitchen. "Köttbullar is meatballs made from meat and herbs tightly rolled together, and served with mashed potatoes and pickles. I told him to make that for me, but if you're a vegetarian or anything, he can make you Korv Stroganoff. Just without the Korv." Elijah teased, nudging her shoulder gently as he glanced at the television. He was enjoying the evening with his brother and Mira, the two people who he could be himself around. Although, he wasn't sure how long Mira would be around, especially once she found out his secret. Darren came out of the kitchen once more, his hands freshly washed as he tied an apron around his waist. "Alright, dinner will be done in an hour or so, so until then do you guys plan on staying here tonight?" Darren asked, Elijah glancing at Mira with a small smile before hearing she didn't mind staying. "I promise my dad won't come and ruin your slumber party this time." Darren teased as he went back to the kitchen, shaking his butt while trying to pretend to be seductive. "I know you dream about this, Eli!" He called from the kitchen, but before Elijah could protest, Darren turned up his radio to drown out Elijah's voice. "It's a Pen Pineapple Apple Pen, Elijah! I have a pen, I have an apple!" Darren shouted along with the song, Elijah facepalming himself as he shook his head. "I'm sorry, MJ. He really shouldn't be acting like a child." Elijah chuckled, laughing as his brother continued singing the song while dancing in the hallway.
Lost Direction - 1x1 With Evelyn James-franco-look-at-me
AliceBaudelaire
AliceBaudelaire
Boss Ass Bitch
Boss Ass Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down